Most valves are built to last a long time, and can withstand considerable fluctuations in temperature. However, despite the durability of well-built valves, extreme cold can affect their functionality in a serious way.
Keep Your Valves Protected
If the valves in your piping system are exposed to extreme cold for a prolonged period of time, you can run into some pretty serious problems, problems that will translate into very expensive downtime.
For example, imagine that one of the valves that sits at an important transition spot in an oil pipeline becomes frozen and fails to redirect the oil in the direction it is supposed to. The results could be catastrophic. Or perhaps even more importantly, what happens if a shot-off valve fails to close during an emergency?
In the end, these possibilities are chances you don’t have to take. You can protect your pipe valves and butterfly valves from exposure to cold weather and ensure that they always function properly. At Powerblanket®, we cover the value of your valves—literally.
Powerblanket® Valve Heaters Standout Features:
- Innovative design allows easy access
- Highly efficient and evenly-distributed heat
- UL/CSA and CE certification
- Ability to meet CID2 hazardous location requirements
- Wind and water resistant
- Ensures smooth operation
Powerblanket® – Cost Savings and Benefits:
- Simple design, easy installation, and everyday usability
- Reduce downtime costs and losses caused by damaged pipes
- Ensure valve functionality in temperatures as low as –40°F
- Eliminate alternative emergency thawing services or steamers
- Prevents pipeline control valves and butterfly valves from freezing
- Easily customized to fit your custom valves perfectly