Let’s face it, nobody likes band heaters. Nobody! When it comes to solving heating problems, band heaters are not the answer. In fact, they’re part of the problem. Band heaters are designed to provide a lot of heat in one, centralized location. This concentrated heating approach requires an extremely high watt density, which can overheat and burn whatever is stored in the drum.
Problems with band heaters include:
- Inefficient, non-uniform heat
- Inaccurate and unreliable thermostats
- Wasted money by scorching or burning material
- Leaving much of the drum unheated
- The high wattage uses a lot of electricity
Some businesses store spray foam or other expensive chemicals in drums and buckets. These businesses can’t afford to have their products and materials scorched and burned. Until recently, band heaters have been the only option available to businesses that need to apply heat to their materials.
It’s Time To Say Goodbye To Band Heaters
The flawed approach of band heaters has left many business owners frustrated and looking for othersolutions to their heating problems. So if band heaters are dangerous and ruin your materials, what alternatives are there? The answer is surprisingly simple: blanket-style drum heaters.
Blanket drum heaters offer businesses a better heating solution because they spread heat evenly across the entire blanket. No product is ruined or wasted because heating blankets eliminate hot and cold spots.
Benefits of blanket drum heaters:
- Deliver safe, uniform heat to temperature-sensitive products and materials
- Prevent product waste by maintaining consistent temperatures
- Use energy efficient technology that saves time and money
- Peace of mind with accurate and reliable thermostats
So if your business has been stuck using ineffective and outdated heating solutions like band heaters, it’s time to make a change. Do some research and switch to an economical and efficient heating blanket for bucket and drum heaters.
By Ryan Jensen