For many years Powerblanket has offered Johnson Controls A419 temperature controllers with our products that require adjustable or precise control, like our drum and tote heaters. Now, we are excited to introduce a new smart controller with all of the temperature control functionality of the A419 PLUS internet connectivity, which gives our customers the ability to do a lot of interesting things. Remote control and monitoring, temperature logging over time, and customer defined alerts are just a few features included in this new line of smart controllers.
With Beacon Smart Controllers, you can control and monitor multiple devices in one place via our web portal (browser) or mobile app. You can also group the Smart Controllers together, with the ability to change the settings and notifications for entire groups or individual devices. Beacon Smart Controllers make Powerblanket heating solutions state of the art and take your processes to the next level.
Now the question is: how would you use a Beacon Smart Controller? Leave your comments, ideas, and questions. We want to hear from you!
Standout Features of Powerblanket Smart Controllers:
- Check in on your devices remotely; see temperature, electrical current, setpoint, differential and other values and how they have changed over time.
- Make changes without being physically at the device. Change setpoint, differential, anti-short cycle delay and other settings from your smartphone or computer.
- Provide notifications and alerts via text message, email or push notifications(i.e. temperature out of range; settings changed by other user, cold boot-power reset; heartbeat-“alive” notifications; electrical current and temperature samples; relay status [on/off/changes]; keypad activity)
- Set it and forget it. Be confident that you will receive a notification when temperature or other values go outside thresholds that you define, no need to constantly verify operating conditions.
- Offer connectivity to WiFi, or Cellular networks.
- Easily restrict access to settings both at the device and remotely. Lock the keypad to be sure your settings aren’t changed.
- Allow for multiple user accounts with local logins, providing read-write and read-only access options for more refined access restriction
- Offer electrical current measurement and tracking over time (Beacon Smart Controllers give you the ability to measure current consumption and estimate cost of operation.)
- Each controller has 2 temperature probes, control and ambient, and provides control algorithm choices using one or both temperatures.