We’re on the subject of viscosity maintenance again, and for good reason too. The matter is one that needs to be addressed year round, in both hot and cold weather. However, this time we’re talking about maintaining the proper viscosity of your liquids under all perceivable circumstances, whether in room temperature, on cold or hot days.
Viscosity Maintenance Has Two Sides
In previous articles, we’ve discussed viscosity maintenance as it applies to maintaining low viscosity levels in your liquids through the use of Powerblanket® heating products. Of course, the reason we’ve talk so much about this is because it’s pertinent to so many scenarios. However, maintaining low viscosity levels is only half the story when it comes to the entire viscosity conundrum. Some operations and product maintenance require the other side of the spectrum. In other words, Powerblanket can help with maintaining high viscosity levels as well.
If you store or use liquids that need to be very low in viscosity, then Powerblanket heating solutions can help you keep your liquids at temperatures high enough to keep the viscosity of the liquid very low. But, if the opposite challenge is your concern, Powerblanket can help there too. Our new Powerblanket ICE cooling products can keep your liquids cool enough to maintain high viscosity levels, even in really hot weather.
If the liquids you’re storing are at risk of losing their viscous qualities when the temperatures rise, then Powerblanket ICE is going to be an invaluable ally for your operations. Powerblanket ICE comes in three performance levels and will help you keep your liquids cool and viscous, even in really hot weather.
- Keep your liquids cool during hot weather, maintaining viscous qualities and eliminating spoiled product
- Eliminate downtime associated with lost viscosity and the need for expensive cooling interventions
- Increase output and profit by increasing operational efficiency
Powerblanket ICE Features:
- Powerblanket ICE uses Powerblanket patented heat-spreading technology in reverse to draw heat away from the container and cool the contents inside.
- Powerblanket ICE covers and insulates your container with the same robust system used in the Powerblanket heating products.
- All three performance levels of Powerblanket ICE, the ice pack, ice box, and chiller-driven systems are portable (120VAC required).
- Powerblanket ICE allows you to control the temperature of bulk materials with ease:
- Increase yields (Bulk materials that sit at high temperatures will reduce yield for most viscous liquids. With Powerblanket ICE, you can bring the temperature down, and keep it there.)
- Maintain the viscous quality of your liquids
- Decrease operational inefficiencies
- Blankets can be left installed and running while bulk material containers are in use.