Benjamin Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Which means it’s time to consider how you are going to keep your IBC tote tank warm through the winter. Powerblanket tote heaters are an ideal solution for the freeze protection of your IBC tote tank.
Rather than panic when the weather turns cold, prepare now to prevent your materials from freezing. IBCs are a valuable resource for decreasing customer costs through reduced handling, storage space, and shipping expenses. They are easy to use, transport, and recycle.
IBC Tote Uses
Your IBCs may ship and store:
- Bulk chemicals including hazardous materials or dangerous goods
- Commodities and raw materials used in industrial production
- Liquid, granulated, and powdered food ingredients
- Food syrups, such as corn syrup or molasses
- Petrochemical products, such as solvents, detergents, or adhesives
- Rainwater when used for rooftop rainwater collection
- Used IBCs are the basic building blocks for many home aquaponic systems
- For more goofy uses for IBC totes check out this Youtube video
There are a few common sense strategies for keeping IBC tank totes warm: stacking them if you have multiples and keeping them indoors, if that’s possible. However, even these strategies cannot guarantee freeze protection for IBC tote tanks with temperature sensitive materials.
Benefits of Using Powerblanket to Heat Your Totes
Powerblanket® Tote Heaters maintain optimal heating conditions for temperature sensitive materials.
- Distribute heat evenly around the tote, without any hot or cold spots
- Designed to be durable and weather resistant
- Provide easy access with a removable top
- Include an adjustable thermostatic controller, for precise temperature control
- Safely heat and protect a wide variety of chemicals and materials
Standard sizes fit the IBC 250 gallon, 275 gallon (1,040 liter), 330 gallon (1,249 liter), 350 gallon (1,325 liter) 450 gallon, and 550 gallon totes. Also in 120 vac and 240 vac.
Let Powerblanket ease the stress of winter by helping you plan your IBC tote tank freeze prevention.