Powerblanket® drum and barrel heaters have uses beyond freeze protection. Viscosity maintenance, a year-round problem, is easily handled by one of our ready-to-ship or custom built solutions.
From Freeze Protection to Viscosity Maintenance
A primary concern we hear from individuals and companies ordering our drum or barrel heaters is the need for protection against freezing temperatures. Dropping temperatures can lead to frozen and ruined products, and ultimately, lost profits. While freeze protection is a huge part of what our solutions offer, it’s not the only trick to save you money.
One of Powerblanket’s variety of uses apply to viscosity maintenance.
Some products need to maintain a certain level of liquidity and require heat. Even when temperatures outside are temperate, it still might be too cool for some products to have optimal flow. The problem arises when manufacturers or operators don’t have a simple means of adding heat to their storage. The procedure, then, usually involves moving the stored liquid from a storage unit to a heating unit. However, this extra, time-consuming step is NOT necessary if you have a good drum or barrel heater.
Powerblanket drum and barrel heaters are easily installed, removed, and reinstalled for convenient storage and transportation. What’s more, Powerblanket technology evenly distributes a regulated flow of heat, preventing the problems associated with band heaters. So if you’re in need of viscosity maintenance, look no further.
- Our heaters work with both steel and poly containers
- Full wrap-around design provides complete insulation and ensures equal heat distribution
- Drum warmers deliver safe, uniform heat to expensive materials without overheating or burning
- Drum heaters design will decrease and prevent product waste among temperature-sensitive materials by maintaining consistent storage temperatures without significant fluctuations
- Highly energy-efficient technology and design lowers energy-related expenses and overall project and equipment costs